NBRMTA 2018 Music Competition Entry Form
It is highly recommended that performances be recorded with the best possible audio. Sound quality is essential to give the adjudicators a clear sense of the performance. There are no memory requirements for this event, but memory is recommended where applicable.
Video submissions must include a clear picture of the student playing, with the picture clearly showing face or facial profile, hands (in the case of pianist and instrumentalist), and instrument. Editing or splicing in any form is strictly prohibited. Camera angle must remain consistent throughout the performance.
The five divisions are as follows (roughly coinciding with RCM grading):
Division 1: Grades 1 and 2
Division 2: Grades 3, 4 and 5
Division 3: Grades 6, 7 and 8
Division 4: Grades 9 and 10
Division 5: ARCT
Divisions 1, 2 and 3 will have a maximum time limit of 15 minutes for the two selections combined. The entry fee is $25. If using PayPal, a 3.5% PayPal Surcharge will be applied to the entry fee.
Divisions 4 and 5 will have a maximum time limit of 30 minutes for the two selections combined. The entry fee is $40. If using PayPal, a 3.5% PayPal Surcharge will be applied to the entry fee.
Video entries will be accepted from midnight February 1st to midnight on February 15, 2018. All entries for this competition must be completed using the online entry form below.
Entries will not be considered completed until payment has been processed via PayPal or e-transfer.
Adjudications will be returned no later than midnight of March 1, 2018.
To complete the entry form below, you will need the following:
- Competitor information, including address, phone number and email address.
- NBRMTA teacher information, including phone number and email address.
- MP4 video recording of each competition selection. iPhone/Cell Phone videos with high quality audio are acceptable.
- Video Recordings less than 1MB (1 recording per selection) must be uploaded in field provided on the entry form. If a video is larger than 1MB, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further instructions. Please follow the file naming instructions included in the upload field provided.
- A PDF file of each selection of music performed in the competition is to be uploaded in the fields provided in the entry form. The PDF must include the title page of the book and all pages of each selection performed in the competition. If the competition selection is a digital download, please include the receipt in the PDF file.
- Payment through PayPal can be completed with the submission of the entry form. There will be a 3.5% PayPal service fee added. Payment may also be made via e-transfer to email@example.com without additional service fees. E-transfer must be completed through online banking. The password to use when paying with e-transfer is: musiccomp2018 (also noted on the entry form).
- Entry is not considered final until entry fee payment has been verified by the NBRMTA treasurer.
- Please contact webmaster with any questions or concerns regarding the entry format or process for this competition.