New Brunswick Workshops and Masterclasses
The list of upcoming events and masterclasses in New Brunswick is for information only. The NBRMTA may or may not endorse any of the workshops available. This list is not intended or expected to be comprehensive. If you have a workshop or masterclass that you would like added to this list as well as the Calendar of Events, please contact the webmaster as much in advance of the date as possible.
2017 New Brunswick Registered Music Teachers’ Association Annual General Meeting
The 2017 NBRMTA’s AGM will be held on Saturday, June 17th, 2017 at Woodstock Baptist Church, 694 Main Street, Woodstock, NB.
Registration deadline is June 12th, 2017.
The tentative schedule of events is as follows:
8:30am Registration and coffee
9:00am Bag of Tricks Workshop 1
10:15am Coffee Break
10:30am Workshop 2
11:45am Panel discussion on University Preparedness
12:30pm AGM and Lunch
Lunch – additional $12
Bag of Tricks for Your 21st Century Studio
* Are you finding that more and more of your students have needs that aren’t being met by your traditional methods?
* Are you Interested in offering group classes now and then for your private students, but have no idea what to do with all those kids at different levels at the same time?
* Are you itching for a few new ideas to incorporate into your teaching, on and off the bench?
* Jennifer van Gennip will be here to offer you two workshops that will give you a (big!) bag of tricks to take back to your studio or classroom to help you better meet the needs of students on the autism spectrum and/or with sensory/coordination considerations, and revitalize your group or classroom sessions with new activities that will be an instant hit with the kids.
* Have you ever wondered if you’ve prepared your students adequately for continuing their education at the university level?
* Do you wonder what universities are looking for during entrance auditions?
* Get some answers during our panel discussion on University Preparedness when we hear the perspective of both the university professors and students.Recommended Reading – The Out of Sync Child by Carol Stock Kranowitz – See page 15 of the Spring 2017 Edition of the Quarter Note
Registration (Non-Member) $45.00 plus $2.00 PayPal Fee:
Registration (Member) $40.00 plus $2.00 PayPal Fee:
Registration (Student) $20.00 plus $2.00 PayPal Fee: